Since I have already worked with quite a few social media accounts and worked on their content creation I always did it for my own brand or for corporate brands that already have established brand guidelines. That is why I decided to start with some Passion projects which can give me total freedom when creating content.
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙋𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙬𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙩𝙮𝙡𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙠 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪.
It is also a great way to make your portfolio more diverse and helps you with learning new styles in design. Here is a sneak peek of the colour palette of the project.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗷𝗲𝗰𝘁?
1. Search for colour palettes on Pinterest. There are already so many out there with colours that go great together.
2. Decide about the imaginary brand you are going to create content for. I went with the skincare brand that shares tips and tricks around skincare products and a healthy lifestyle.
3. Do research on Instagram about similar brands to your imaginary one to see what kind of content they post. I decided on a mixture of product content, tips, and quotes.
4. Put the posts together in the Instagram grid and experiment with scheduling them.
5. If you want to go deeper create captions and analyze hashtags for each of the posts. Add this to your portfolio.
I hope this helped a bit and I have encouraged someone to start with their own passion project 😊
Follow me on Instagram for more @miskasage and let me know your experience with passion projects or if you are thinking about starting one.